Final State not resizable?

May 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Is it me or the Final State Activity in the State Machine Activity Pack is really not resizable? You can't express too much with 5 visible letters ;)

May 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM
It is true that the final State is not resizable. But if you hover your mouse on top of it, you should be able to see the full name in the tooltip. :)
May 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Thanks, I hope this will be fixed later on.

Are all activity designers also non-resizable? Just tried with Sequence activity or some custom activities and doesn't seem to work ...

May 26, 2010 at 2:52 AM

That's correct. Currently only designers that support free form editing inside are resizable. They are flowchart, state machine and state. Other designers resize automatically when you drop child activities in them, e.g, sequence, if, while, etc. Could you tell me your scenario where you want to resize a designer besides that you want to see the full display name?

May 26, 2010 at 7:03 AM

I addressed the resizability because of the display name only. However, it's difficult to explain to users that they see 3 final states with the same name "Authorise", when in fact the full names are AuthoriseRequestSentToThirdParty, AuthoriseResponseReceivedFromThirdParty
and AuthoriseErrorReportedByThirdParty for example. The same applies to custom activities, which have display names like "MoveTransactionToCapturedState" etc ...

May 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I will bring this issue to the team. Maybe we should have displayed "..." at the end of the names if they are truncated.