Default Sharepoint Activities

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Hi,

Can someone on the workflow team tell me if there are plans to build any default sharepoint activities that

might be used on wf 4.0?

Regards,

Cecil

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Hi cecildt,

Could you help me understand what kind of SharePoint scneario you want to build and what activities you want us to ship? Thanks a lot!

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Hi,

I know allot of service endpoint are exposed to access SharePoint functionality, but it would be nice to have a few default Sharepoint activities that use those service endpoints.

Example Activities:

Document Management Activities

List Items Management Activities

Record Management Activities

Search Activities.

Possibilities are endless, but a few basic activities would be nice!

Regards,

Cecildt

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Thanks. Could you give us a scenario in which you would use this SharePoint activities? And which versions of SharePoint would you like to these activties target to?

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Scenario:

You could have a desktop, web or WCF service applications that is using workflow internally.

Now these apps require to upload documents to Sharepoint or retrieve details from Sharepoint.

My specific scenario is uploading documents to Sharepoint that my WCF service receive and

the users query my WCF Service for documents. Also for creating Task lists.

Currently I'm targeting Sharepoint 2007, but will understand if these Sharepoint activities only

target Sharepoint 2010. I think creating for both versions should not be too difficult.

Thanks,

Cecildt