CleanProject Shell Extension

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Hi Ron,

If you get time please think about changing the shell registration of CleanProject so it doesn't appear on EVERY folder. I mean it even appears on the desktop Recycle Bin, LOL.

It's useful on folders, but perhaps a better way to target it would be to just associate it with SLN and *PROJ (CSPROJ, VBPROJ, etc...) files. I don't mind losing it on all folders if it is available on the solution or project file objects.

What to others think...? The proposal is to give up (all) folder association in favour of file type specific (solution/project) associations to keep your overall desktop context menus clean and sensible.

I'm not aware that the Windows Explorer/shell API allows you to make a conditional rule like "associate with folder if it contains at least one SLN or *PROJ file". Maybe there is a callback or something, but I hate the idea of code running just to display files and folders and menus. So the best way is just to statically associate to solution and project files.

If you don't like that, then how about an installer option at least?

Cheers,
Tony

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Sorry for nothing to do , a barcode generator might be helpful .

http://www.keepautomation.com/products/net_barcode_aspnet/barcodes/data_matrix.html

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I just wonder what is point of using a barcode generator under this situation?
Jul 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Ron,

I am using your tool in VS 2010 on Windows 8 machine, and every now and then, the menu item that triggers it just disappear from the VS tools menu. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it back. Am I doing something wrong? or is there some incompatibility issue?